lady mangrove herself was d one who guided us in d tour… Aida Moyano is president of the Mangrove Paddle-boat Tour Guide Association. tourist help in d preservation f d mangroves since 40% of d fees goes 2d association & 60% go 2d guides.
d mangrove trees r tall & some r more dan 100 years f age….
as a tradition, each visitor has 2plant at least one mangrove seedling at d end f d tour…..w/ all those young mangrove trees around….it seems dat lots n lots of pple already visited d place…..
- a virtual tour of a caribbean mangrove island (greenantilles.com)
- Mangrove Forest Inventory Shows Steep Declines (livescience.com)
- Earth Has 12% Fewer Mangroves Than Previously Thought, New Satellite Data Reveals (treehugger.com)
- New satellite data reveals true decline of world’s mangrove forests (eurekalert.org)
- World’s Mangroves Being Destroyed Four Times Faster Than Other Forests (geteconow.com)
- World’s Mangroves Being Destroyed Four Times Faster Than Other Forests (treehugger.com)
- New satellite data reveals true decline of world’s mangrove forests (physorg.com)
- World’s mangroves retreating at alarming rate: study (reuters.com)