wen it rains….it pours….as dey say….w/ all d concrete pavement in the cities, d soil can no longer breath & rainwater goes directly to nearby water bodies 2gether w/silts thus groundwater aquifers r no longer replenished. if we all collect rain water then we can help minimize sudden flooding…..rain water collection is not only for pple who don’t have enough water, it’s a storm water management intervention!
in d phils. der is a law, designed to save rainwater during the rainy season in catchments or sumps, w/c was passed way back in 1989…..Republic Act No. 6716, the law that provides for the construction of water wells, rainwater collectors, development of springs and rehabilitation of existing water wells in all of the country’s barangays.
since wer only good in making laws & nobody cares bout storm water mgt….d 21 yr old rain water collection law just like other laws in d phils. was never successfully implemented….
now dat water is being scarce once again in metro manila, pple started 2think bout rainwater collections….most likely tis desire will soon die after water supply has been normalized….
storm water mgt. has many benefits e.g., safety, health & environment….but who gives a ????
nxt tme derz a flashflood……think bout storm water mgt!
- Rain Barrels For Your Garden (backyardgardeningtips.com)
- Saguaro Rain Collector harvests rainwater for garden use (greendiary.com)
- the rain in spain… (geteconow.com)
- “When It Rains, It Pours” or “How to Use a Rain Barrel” (gomestic.com)
- ‘Lack of water makes people poor’ (one.org)
- Don’t Forget the Rainwater (ecosalon.com)
- Eco-Inspired Rain Harvesting Garden Table (treehugger.com)